Friday, April 24, 2009

No one knows what tomorrow holds at least not yet...

The new government has not been in power for more than 100days how can we already give them a failing grade even a pregnancy is over 300 days, can a woman deliver a baby at 100 days and have the baby survive. I think that it is a little premature "no pun intended" , to say that the government has failed. After reading my class mates post "mistakes that the government is making" I am left assuming that my classmate takes the classical way of thinking as far as economics is concered which is the belief that when it seems like we are headed for a depression we should do nothing. WHAT?, what usually happens is that by taking this view we end up staying stuck in that depression with change taking up to five or more years for the country to get back to what is know as full employment. What is full employment you ask ,well that is when the country has low unemployment rates and the economy is stable. I on the other hand take on the Keynesian view that believes that the government has to increase spending and give tax cuts inorder to get a country out of the recession and to do it fast which usually takes about a year to achieve. This is what the government has beed doing to get us out of the mess that the last adiministration got us into.

I am totally against the war because of all the loss of life that has been happening ,but I do believe that it was a necessary evil and I do not want to argue that point. Yes Barack said that he wanted to pull out of Iraq and that they should do but just like the pregnancy analogy I gave it wont happen overnight. In this case I will use the pregnancy of an elephant to show my point since that is a bigger issue. If the elephant gave birth after only a year the fetus would not be viable outside of the womb, for that to happen it would have to carry the pregnancy to full term a whopping two years. They can not again just pull out of Iraq prematurely, there has to be strategy in getting the troops out of there. They have to make sure that they play a part in instilling order to avoid further terror attacks on the US. They can not just do to those citizens the equivalent of baby dumping by walking out of there before finishing the job that they have started there. I recently met and spoke to a Marine that had stopped by my job and I thanked him for all that they had done for us to keep us safe. I asked what the troops over there think about what is going on and the general morale. The young man(24 years old) told me, that they are all for staying to help rebuild the country and help the police and army to restore order before they come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment