Friday, February 13, 2009

The Rich might stop getting richer and get down to business...

I love the stimulus plan provided it will work out. I am especially excited that deep in the bill, is a stipulation buried, that prevents crazy ridiculous pay rises and compensation for those executives on Wallstreet and at other big banks.

I think that I am not alone in rejoicing at the fact that someone some where has finally dicided to put a stop to all this ludacrisness. Do not get me wrong I am not "player hating" because I am sure the people at the top of many of the top companies are probably highly educated and deserve to be compensated. But do the really deserve all those millions that they recieve when majority of their employees probably don't even get a tenth of this pay.

The provision, written by Senator Christopher J Dodd Democrat of Connecticut, highlighted the growing annoyance from lawmakers at the high compensations that these executives give themselves. This article also mentions that those crazy allowances they afford themselves are at the expense of poor old me a taxpayer who is working real hard for the pittance that i recieve to fed my family.

Its laughable that some of President Obama's top advisors are opposed to this bill and say that enforcing such strict rules would cause a brain drain in the financial industry. I say let there be a brain drain, there are so many fresh young people that are coming out of college now, that I am sure would be glad at a chance to be on Wall street and earn a reasonable amounts of money that will not be a slap in the face to America's hard working honest Taxpayers.

I honestly hope that the stimulus package will allow us to see some positive changes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/14/business/economy/14pay.html?_r=1&hp

No comments:

Post a Comment